- Thursday's keynote by Kevin Honeycutt was brilliant. What a great storyteller. Funny, passionate and creative.
- I want to find a free tech ticket system that students can use for a student help desk
- I love the name Tech Ninjas for student helpers, come in silently, get the job done, but train others to be masters too
- I love the thought of students getting trained to fix Chromebooks. They need to be empowered.
- Drones are cool. I want one. Especially when students pair with community members and businesses and shoot photos and videos for them for training.
- Sustainable change comes from the ground up, not the top down.
- Cool Google Drive keyboard shortcuts
- Shift + t - new Google Doc
- Shift + p - new Google Slides
- Shift + s - new Google Sheet
- Shift + d - new Google Drawing
- Shift + f- new folder
- Shift + o - new form
- OneTab is an awesome way to organize a lot of tabs.
- Switcher is a great Chrome extensions manager, better than Extensify.
- Sqord looks like a cool fitness tracker for kids.
- youcanbook.me can also be used to check out devices. Never thought of it in that way.
Digital citizenship is not going to become any less important so we need to be teaching it to kids from Day One to Cap and Gown. We also all have a story to tell and an obligation to share stories for those who cannot. Be social. Use Twitter and Facebook, Seesaw, blogs, web pages and communicate with parents. Create a digital refrigerator and use it for more than just stale milk.
Let students see you reflect on your learning and more importantly your mistakes. That's where true learning lives.
“Wanna make change? Break into the classrooms and burn down the file cabinets full of lesson plans.” Kevin Honeycutt