Monday, August 18, 2014
Make-It App, Create Games
There is an app that's free today called Make It that I really like. (If your iOS is part of the WSD the app can be made available for you by putting in an app request). It's very similar to another app called TinyTap but it allows you to do quite a bit more. I'm trying to list all of the things the app does but instead I'll just say that allowing kids to make their own quizzes and then share them with other students is a great way to get them to learn. Here is what the iTunes description says:
- Create games, activities, books, tales, slideshows... and share it!
Make It is a powerful authoring tool for iPad combining multiple dynamic templates, proven didactic methodology and professional presentation techniques in one easy-to-use app.
- Create dynamic interactive games for your friends, family, classroom or student.
- Share your story with anyone, on any platform (PC or MAC), anywhere.
- Connect via the cloud, email or social networks
- Add your own content or access the downloadable libraries.
- Unlimited output with 8 different interactive dynamic activities to choose from.
- A powerful storyteller to help kids develop their creativity and narrative skills.
- Introduce or reinforce complex concepts in a way students really connect with.
- Embedded educational methodology
- Recommended Age: To use the app, 7+ (readers) but to play the games, 0+!
Make It for:
- Teachers and educators - Individual support, Classroom activities, Special needs, Revision sessions.
- Families - Have fun creating family games to share.
- Parents - Get involved with what your kids are playing and help them develop new storytelling skills.
- Students Don’t just share photos, get them interactive and let your friends join in or amaze your teacher with an interactive presentation.