You can also use rules to get rid of spam by looking for key words or the names of certain senders. Examples of rules that I use are:
- Moodle - I have a Moodle rule so that any assignment turned in by my kids via Moodle gets dropped into Moodle folder instead of cluttering up my Inbox.
- Viagra - Anytime an email comes in with Viagra in the subject it automatically gets deleted.
- Tech Support - Any Tech Support emails get dropped in a separate folder called Tech Support but a copy also goes into my inbox.
- In Mail open your Preferences (go up to Mail and then Preferences... or press Apple + , (comma) in any program
- In the tabs across the top click on Rules
- Click Add Rule
- Give it a name and then start adding the ways that you want Mail to move your messages around